Welcome to a world of ideas! Being a nutritionist isn’t just something that I do, it is something that I am. So much of the ways I think connect with the ideas of nutrition and holistic living. I see the world through the eyes of a nutritionist and it is in my blog where I will continually share my new ideas, information and revelations.
When I categorized my current writings I learned that my categories are “excessive” and can not easily be confined by the format of my WordPress Blog page. So, I will list them below, in my introductory post. I am sure that my ideas will continue to blossom outside of even this broad extravagance of ideas and brainstorming, but I present this to you as an introduction to me, and to Learn Feel Choose Nutrition. I hope to share and to learn from a growing LFC community, here on my blog, as well as in this big wonderful world we share.
In Health, Peace, Vitality and Community,
(1) Health Challenges, A-Z. Symptoms, Syndromes and Diseases in alphabetical order
- Amino Acids
- Fatty acids and lipids
- Multiples and formulas
- Super foods / Extracts
- Effect specific:
- Mood, anxiety, focus, depression
(3) Food Information – Know Your Foods!
- Organ meat
- Fish and shellfish
- Broth made from animal bones
- Lacto-fermented (sauerkraut and kim chee)
Fats and Oils
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Palm oil
- Cod liver oil
Beans and lentils
Herbs / Condiments
(4) Food Shopping – Getting Your Foods!
Shopping doesn’t have to be hard, dismal and expensive!
- Sweet deal / great values
- Farm Markets
- Grocery Stores with Healthier Options (MOM, Whole Foods, Roots, Trader Joe’s)
- International Grocery Stores
- Buying clubs – Costco, Sam’s Club
- Large Chain Grocery Stores (Giant, Safeway, Shoppers)
- Convenience Stores / Gas station Mini-Marts
- Mail Order – Online shopping.
- Thrive Market. Thrive.com
- Beyond a Century
- Life Extension
- Fun and Satisfying
- Happy grocers, joyful sales people – helpful and informative, too.
- Shopping humor – aisling, etc (goaisling.com, americanshopper.com
- Ideas for shopping efficiently
- Ideas for making shopping joyful.
- Exercise time-outs while shopping
- Breathing Technique time-outs while shopping
- Meditation time-outs while shopping
- Label Alerts! The good and the bad.
- Other dangers
- Other Opportunities
(5) Food Prep – Preparing Your Foods!
- Videos – Demo what you do!
- “What would Spock put in a Smoothie?” – Inspiration can come from many places!
- Principled Smoothie Ideas – See Concept Cooking videos!
- Seasonal – the best smoothies usually have a lot of fresh veggies and/or fruits.
- Proportions = liquids + fresh food solids + powders + fats + proteins + spices
- Spices and Spice/Food combinations
- For Diseases
- For Body builders
- Liquid Meals (Elderly, illness, dental issues)
- How to balance or intensify
- Baby Food
- As Artistic Self-Expression
- Smoothie Forums
- How to Use and Maximize Content of (while retaining Palitability)
- Vegetables (Kale, Celery, Parsley, Bitter Melon, etc.)
- Super Fruits (Noni, Goji, etc.)
- Herbals / Spices (Garlic, Turmeric, Ginger)
- Good Fats (Cod Liver Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Lecithin, etc.)
- Powders (Green powders, protein powders, meal replacement powders)
- Using Raw Left-Overs – “You grind it up and no one is the wiser.)
- Using left-over smoothies in your next meal
- Quick Breads
- Liquid for a crock pot / slow cooking
- Smoothie Spoofs
- Health Balls – Raw Health Ball “Truffles”
- Regular Heated Cooking
- Broths and Soups
- “Superfood” Cooking
- Raw Foods “Cooking”
- Fermenting – Lactofermentation
- Kombucha (fermented black tea using a SCOBY)
- Kefir and yogurt (fermented dairy)
- Sauerkraut, Kim Chee and Pickles (fermented veggies, esp. cabbage)
- Dehydration (Dried fruits, vegetables and meat jerkies)
- Soaking, sprouting and sourdoughing – techniques for grains, beans, lentils, nuts and seeds.
- Herbs, Condiments, Sauces, Mustard, Mayo, etc.
- Appliance Use – and recipes by kitchen appliance
- Vitamix and regular blender
- food processer
- Kitchen ideas – prep, routine, timing, etc.
(6) Travel Food Ideas – Preparing and eating while traveling – by car, by plane, camping, to work, to school, etc.
(7) Thrifty Nutrition Ideas – “Don’t Throw That Away!” and other kitchen strategies
- Budget Food Repurposing
- Cut off ends, cores, peels, seeds
- Vegetable pulp from juicing
- Left overs
- Health and Beauty
(8) Resources and Recommendations – (Learning is so delicious!)
- Local stores/markets/sellers
- Online resources
- Books, Magazines, Journals
- Nutrition in the News
- LFC Recommended Blogs
- Local Health Practitioners
(8.5) (Later…) Your Turn! Submit your genius, silliness, experiments, insights, menus, recipes and protocols! Learning. Teaching, Brainstorming and Putting it Out There!
DIY Food Forum – You learned, you felt, you chose. You figured things out in new and brilliant way!
- Your Videos!
- Things Which Inspire You to Health and Wholeness – Your stories and your wisdom!
- Survey Monkey – (can embed in page of post – lots of plug ins. )
- Submit a question using Survey Monkey
- Answer questions which other people post
- LFC asks LFC!
(9) LFC Events! – for LFC Clients. Some by invitation. Some open to all.
- Gowns, Grub and a Social Cause
- Shopping Social Events — finding things together
- Monthly Nutritional Movie Night – with make-here Pot Luck Smoothies!
- Workshops and Discussions
(10) The LFC Shopping Emporium
To be coming later.
- Yoga Socks
- Make stretching and exercise be a part of your everyday life! A gym on your feet.
- Inspiration Rings – unisex – 1 year guarantee
- Darkness and light. Combined. Both on one ring.
- Creativity / inspiration / meditation. Combined. All on one ring – if you can find it.